Health Tip: Recognizing Signs of Depression in Teens
Posted February 12, 2019
(HealthDay News) -- When a person in his or her teens is depressed, there may be different warning signs than those shown by people older or younger, the American Academy of Family Physicians says.
Here is the academy's list of depression symptoms that typically affect teens:
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Trouble focusing, or showing signs of anxiousness.
- Anger, and frequent loss of temper.
- Changes in appetite.
- Not wanting to go to school or participate in social activities.
- Complaints of feeling sick.
- Showing less confidence, or feeling that they can't do anything correctly.